Description of the apartments
Greppo, is an old restored farmhouse carefully converted into four holiday apartments, available for weekly, monthly or long-term rentals.
Surrounded by garden, 600 sq. m/6500 sq. ft. of lawns, kitchen garden, a small orchard and aromatic herbs for cooking, reserved covered space and porches with tables, chairs and deck-chairs, Greppo offers to the guests a good level of privacy. The private swimming-pool, 14 x 7 meters (about 47 x 22 ft.), is also surrounded by lawns, with a breathtaking view of Rotecastello, a small mid-age village; the panoramic pool area is also furnished with deckchairs and umbrellas for your relax.
The apartments, all with independent access and covered terrace or porch, are comfortable, carefully furnished in order to make the guest feel at ease and daily stay with pleasure; kitchens are well-equipped with several supplies and each apartment has an independent heating system; moreover available on request, contacts with local activities for daily maid services, laundry services, guided tours and excursions, cooking services according to “Umbria” tradition.
The nearest town is San Venanzo, at approx. 1,5 km (0,9 miles), where small grocer’s shops, a chemist’s, bars, newsagents’ and others facilities can be found. But when you are looking for a big shopping center, you can reach Marsciano, about 10 km (6,3 miles) away.
Main Distances In Kms/h:min:
Highway A1, 35/1:00
“Casa Greppo” is a beautiful stone country house on a hill, 450 mt high, by San Venanzo, in the most traditional and least known Umbria, halfway between Todi and Orvieto. Greppo is part of “Podere Greppo” farm, 20 hectares (= 50 acres) of land, among olive trees, woods and fields of wheat and sunflower, in a dominating position from which you enjoy a wonderful landscape. In the foreground “Rotecastello”, medieval treasure with its sighting tower. Right round hills, valleys, multicolored fields and a lot of other small medieval villages, absolutely out of traditional tours.
Let’s talk, e.g., about Civitella dei Conti, a little village on the top of a hill that has got traces of a fortification, or about other small villages such as: Collelungo, Poggio Aquilone which gives the opportunity to make an excursion along the stream Fersinone, Montecastello di Vibio, little treasure seat of international summer stages of art and seat of the smallest and most active theatre in the world, Teatro della Concordia. You can also see Todi or the nature and fluvial park of Tevere river, or other parks like Trasimeno lake or the Piano di Colfiorito.
But if you want go off you can reach and visit Tuscany over a single day: Arezzo, e.g., is just 100 km far, or Rom, just 150 km fard. All this makes Greppo be an ideal starting point to visit the most fascinating places of center Italy.
This kind of life, observed from above, from these valleys and little villages, seems to go by slowly and quietly, but if you want to reach those places, you suddenly realize that there is a lot of vitality everywhere. A lot of activities take place all through the year in the field of culture, of tradition and of tourism; international meetings, such as: the Spoleto Festival, the Todi Arte Festival, Festival delle Nazioni in Città di Castello, Umbria Jazz, common festivals animated by concerts, fairs and dances, where you can find the variety of the local cookery, with tasting of wild boar or truffle dishes, salami and all kind of barbecue, plays with historical local representations, costume dramas, local fairs which you can periodically visit in the old town centers of Perugia, Arezzo, Todi, Spoleto, etc. Link to Umbria Tourist office
Available short path (400 meters) and long path (1500 meters) that goes across the fields all around the house, for walks, training, MTB.
…for your children: You can also go to La Città della Domenica: a wonderful park near Perugia, where you will find for a very famous reptile house. ..but if your children like to stay at home, we know truly family friendly accomodation make special child friendly holidays. Find out how we create an amazing baby, child & family friendly stay.
Details of the apt 1 “Il Noce”
60 sq. m/646 sq. ft., two bedrooms, one bathroom, sleeps 4.
Accommodation type: self-catering.
General services: linen provided, independent gas-heating, air conditioning, washing machine, safe deposit-box. On request: radio-CD player, internet WiFi.
Outdoor private covered terrace with table, chairs and deckchairs, BBQ.
Ground floor: a large room with living area, dining area, kitchen corner and wood burning fireplace.
Kitchen furniture dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, Italian coffee maker and other utensils, fridge, four-burner stove, electric oven, kettle, washing machine.
Living Room area: sofa and armchairs, seating for 4/6.
Dining room area: table and chairs, seating for 4/6.
Bathroom 1, with basin, toilet, bidet, hair dryer, shower.
Bedrooms 1 twin; 1 double with covered terrace equipped with table and chairs, seating for 4.
Details of the apt 2 “Il Mandorlo”
115 sq. m/1238 sq. ft., three bedrooms, two bathrooms, sleeps up to 8 (6+2 extra).
Suitable for disabled.
Accommodation type self-catering.
General services Linen provided, independent gas-heating, air conditioning, washing-machine, safe deposit-box, washing machine; on request: radio-CD player, Internet WiFi.
Outdoor private covered terrace with table, chairs and deckchairs.
Ground floor A large room with living area, dining area, kitchen corner, a wood burning fireplace.
Kitchen furniture dishes, cutlery, pots and pans, Italian coffee maker and other utensils, fridge with freezer, four-burner stove with oven, kettle, washing-machine.
Living Room area wood burning fireplace, sofa bed and armchairs, seating for 6/8.
Dining room area table and chairs, seating for 6/8.
New ‘Winter Garden’ furnished for dining and relaxation.
Bathrooms 2: with basin, toilet, bidet, bathtub/shower, hair dryer, 1 suitable for disabled.
Bedrooms three: one double bedroom suitable for disabled; one with double bed, one with double bed + 1 single bed. An extra added bed in the anteroom.
Details of the apt 3 “L’Ulivo”
110 sq. m/1184 sq. ft., two bedrooms, two bathrooms, sleeps up to 6 (5+1 extra).
Accommodation type self-catering
General services linen provided, independent gas heating, air conditioning, washing-machine, safe deposit-box. On request: radio-CD player, WiFi
Outdoor large private porch with table, chairs and deckchairs
Ground floor Single extra large room with living room, dining room, kitchen, bathroom
Kitchen furniture cutlery, pots and pans, Italian coffee maker and other utensils, fridge with freezer, four-burner stove with oven, kettle, washing-machine
Living Room area wood burning fireplace, sofa and armchairs, seating for 6
Dining room area table and chairs, seating for 8 + 4
Bathrooms 2, with basin, toilet, bidet, bathtub/shower, hair dryer
Bedrooms 2: 1 triple with one double bed + single bed, 1 twin + added single bed
The new apt 4 “Il Melograno” , “The Pomegranate”
110 sq. m/1184 sq. ft., two bedrooms, two bathrooms, sleeps up to 6 (5+1 extra).
It’s a new building located close to the apt “L’Ulivo”, with a beautiful view.
The layout on this web page shows this area very clearly.
Accommodation type self-catering
General services linen provided, independent gas heating, air conditioning, safe deposit-box, WiFi on request
Outdoor large private porch with table, chairs and deckchairs and a second furnished kitchen. Another furnished porch close to the double bedroom
Ground floor Single extra large room with living room, dining room, kitchen corner
Kitchen furniture cutlery, pots and pans, Italian coffee maker and other utensils, fridge, four-burner stove, electric oven, kettle.
Living Room area with sofa(bed) and armchairs, seating for 4/6
Dining room area table and chairs, seating for 6/8
Bathrooms 2, with toilet, bidet, shower, hair dryer
Bedrooms 2, 1 double with bathroom and private porch, 1 triple with two single beds and the third bed on a mezzanine with ladder.
- The apartments “L’Ulivo” and “Il Melograno”, may be connected to each other and rented together, allowing them to offer hospitality to a large group or two families , always ensuring an excellent level of privacy.
- Outside: garden, 1000 sq. m/1200 sq. yd. of lawns, kitchen garden, a small orchard and aromatic herbs for cooking, private covered space with table, chairs and deckchairs, 20 hectares/50 acres of land among olive trees, fruit trees, woods and cultivation of wheat, corn, wild truffles and sunflowers.
- Private and panoramic swimming-pool area, surrounded by lawns and furnished with umbrellas, sunbeds and deckchairs.
- Mountain Bikes (MTB) available.
- Access to the SPA, allowed to one family or group per time and by reservation only, € 10.00 per person per hour, minimum two people. See this page for detail
- Available short path (400 meters, 450 yards) and long path (1500 meters, 1700 yards) that goes across the fields all around the house, for walks, training, MTB, and so on.
- For yours babies, available two baby cribs, two baby cots, baby chair, baby backpack and toys, without extra price, see at this page page.
- Available added beds, ask for price.
- Air-conditioner available. Every apartment is equipped with an air-conditioner, located in the anteroom near the bedrooms. The Air-conditioner can be activated upon request, at € 8.00 per day.
- Large outdoor parking with carport and charging station.
- Internet WiFi area available on request.
- Bathroom linen availability is composed by one small, one medium and one large size towel for a couple of person.
- The towels can be used only into the apartments, swimming-pool towels are not available.
- The linen for the baby cot are not available.
- Suitability: the apt2, Il Mandorlo, has a bedroom and a bathroom on ground floor suitable for disabled.
- Local activities: public swimming-pool, tennis, excursions, riding grounds, fishing, golf.
- Last Minute Offers.
- Pet friendly, ask for information.
- Daily rates on request (depending on number of guests, days and season).
- 10% discount on reservations booked the week before start stay (High and Medium season).
- Special rates for long stays, from 28 days, please ask for a quote.
- These offers are valid only on weekly stay during High and Medium season, and they are not cumulative.
- Mode of payment: 30% on reservation by bank money order, and 70% on arrival.
- Breakage/security deposit, on long stay only, is € 250 refunded at departure.
- Rental rates include also electricity and water expenses, weekly changed linen and use of swimming-pool.
- Final Cleaning standard extra charges € 30,00, with dog € 30,00 per week, per dog.
- Gas heating metered from the 1st of October to the 31st of May (Euro 1,40 per cubic meter).
- Housekeeping is provided prior to arrival.
- Swimming pool is 14 x 7 meters, about 46 x 23 ft., the max. depth is 1,70 m (5,95 ft), the min. depth is 1,20 m (3,90 ft.). It’s usually opened from June to September; if your rental is before the 1st of June or after the 15th of September, please contact us in order to know whether the pool is open or not.
- Check-in on Saturday after 4 p.m., check-out on Saturday before 10.a.m.
- Minimum stay, one week on High Season, three nights on Low and Medium Season.
- Daily rates on request: depending on number of guests, nights stayed and season.
- Available, on request, contact with local activities for maid services, laundry services, guided tours and excursions, cooking services according to “Umbria” tradition.
- The apartments are also available for long-term rentals.
- Rates and terms are subject to change without notice.
- Currency: Rates shown are in EURO €.
Agriturismo Casa Greppo della Azienda Agricola PODERE GREPPO, Soc. agricola semplice
Vocabolo Greppo 7, Str. Prov. 61 – Fraz. Rotecastello, San Venanzo 05010 (TR)
P.Iva | CF 03435560549